Monday, March 14, 2011

Thank You!

Ok, so in looking at my last post I realized that I left out one very important person in my life, and she really had a lot to do with how I turned out. That's her in the picture holding me at 3 weeks old on my first trip to Austin, Texas, we would latter live in El Paso, move back to Wisconsin, as an adult I would then move to Minneapolis, then to Houston, and finally back to Austin but that's another story. My mom has been one of the biggest influences in my life. She has taught me not give up when things get tough. She didn't have an easy time flunked out of college, abusive marriage, military wife with kid, divorce, raising a kid as a single parent, going back to college getting advanced degrees, and finally finding my step-dad. She has done a lot with very little, she has shown me great strength and grace in how she has handled life's hurdles. I was not always the best kid, but I never got into real trouble, because she taught me right from wrong. We didn't have a lot, but she gave me what she could, she got me into what sports and activities that she was able to. She taught me to ride a bike, even though she can't ride herself. She went back to school when I was in 3rd or 4th grade and not only got her undergraduate degree but also advanced degrees. She did that while I was in middle school and high school and still pushed me and supported all my efforts to grow and gain new experiences. She has always been there for me and I am very grateful for that. I will never be able to say I love you mom enough or thank her enough for everything. I encourage everyone to take the time and tell those important people in your life thank you and that you love them. So mom, this is for you: THANK YOU for all that you have done, and I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I never read such a bio! Did you have to tell everyone I flunked out of college at 18? : ) Thanks for all the kudos, and love and appreciation. And you were a great kid, which made my life a lot easier than it could have been. You know how much I love you. Anonymously but obviously Mom

    ReplyDelete